-Submitted by Upper Island Riptide
The VIPL Riptide and the Vancouver Island Soccer Academy are pleased to announce the details for the 2016 Spring Soccer Academy have been arranged. The Vancouver Island Soccer Academy will transition into the VIPL Riptide Spring Soccer Academy for the fourth year of operation, which is something we have been working on from the inception of the VISA Spring Soccer Academy. The first step in this transition will be an information meeting for all those interested in the VIPL Riptide Spring Academy:
Friday, February 26th, 2016
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Olde House Village and Spa
1730 Riverside Ln, Courtenay, BC
The success of the VISA Spring Soccer Academy has been overwhelming in the first three years of existence and we all look forward to seeing the program evolve in the coming years.
- the benefit for the Riptide Players is a reduced rate plus the opportunity to extend the current program to ten months of the year
- the benefit to the local soccer community will be the opportunity to train and play in an intense, lively and demanding environment
- the belief is that by incorporating the U11, U12 and U13 age groups into the spring academy with the established U14-U18 age groups with the Riptide Program is the ability to share our methodologies and philosophy with the next generation of Riptide players and parents
The program details are as follows:
- 2003-2006: the aim for this program is to ensure each participant advance their technical abilities and tactical abilities. Training will be a combination of technical training with small-sided games to ensure the sessions are lively, fun, challenging and rewarding.
- 2002-1999: the aim for this program is to create a competitive and challenging training environment for the players. This will be done with a combination of technical/tactical training as well as the extremely successful 7-aside soccer game days throughout the entire program.
Please note: The Spring Academy Program is designed for the players to train and play in skill-based groups rather than age related groups. It is essential that all program participants allow the Spring Academy Staff place the players in training groups based on this model rather than the traditional age related club model.
- The program begins Tuesday, April 12th and ends Thursday, June 16th (no training on the long weekend in May). Our goal is to run training on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays at Mark Isfeld. In addition, several 7-aside events will be coordinated on weekends with further details to follow in the months ahead.
- The fee for all participants in the full academy is $599 plus GST and this includes two training shirts, one pair of shorts and one pair of socks. The second child from the same family will pay 50% of the registration fee plus GST and third child from the same family will pay $99 plus GST.
- The fee for VIPL Riptide players is $499 plus GST and does not include any clothing.
- The fee for midweek training (tuesday and thursday only) is $499 plus GST and this includes one training shirt, one pair of shorts and one pair of socks. The same conditions apply for additional family members as outlined above.
- Each participant may also purchase a tracksuit for an additional fee of $80.00 and the sizes must be determined/paid for prior to placing an order.
All sizing for clothing must be completed on or before March 16th at which time we will have a second meeting at the Old House to confirm sizes for the academy clothing and ensure payment is provided. All cheques must be made payable to UISA.
Online registration is now available here.