-submitted by KYSA
KAMLOOPS, BC –– The Kamloops Youth Soccer Association (KYSA) will stage its inaugural “Volunteer Appreciation Night” on Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 at the St. Ann’s Academy.
The function is being introduced to recognize some of the dedicated and talented volunteers who contribute immensely to the success of the association year-after-year. It is intended to become an annual event.
The KYSA is currently inviting nominations from its membership for eleven new awards that will be handed out at the dinner.
The award categories are:
• House League Coach of the Year (U6 to U18)
• Select Coach of the Year (U11 to U18)
• Team Manager of the Year (Any age group)
• House Player of the Year – Small Sided Age Groups (Male & Female Recipient – U6 to U12)
• House Player of the Year – Youth (Male & Female Recipient – U13 to U18)
• Development Player of the Year (Male & Female Recipient – U11/U12)
• Select Player of the Year (Male & Female Recipient) – U13 to U18)
Nominations can be sent to KYSA President, Candace Dodson-Willis at Candace_Dodson@icloud.com by August 31st.
In addition to the awards presentations, the evening will feature a silent auction and a 50/50 draw to raise funds for the association’s scholarship and adaptive programs, and lots of laughs as Chris Johnson (AKA Dr. Laugh) will be the guest speaker. Chris is a former director of the Sports Institute at Douglas College and a renowned public speaker throughout North America. His “Laughter and Humour In the Workplace” presentation has been seen by thousands of people who have attended his workshops and clinics.
Tickets for the event, which begins at 6:00pm, are being sold for $30 per person and are available at the KYSA office on McArthur Island or by calling the association office at 250-376-2750.